Tuesday, May 3, 2011

THE DATE! *plus some heavily asked questions

September 9th of 2011.. I, Stephanie Ann Dalluge, will be boarding a plane to Bologna, Italy..arriving on September 10th of 2011. 

I can't believe it!.. I've got a SET DATE.. fiiiiiiinally.. also within the e-mail I was told that soon I will be recieving more information (HOPEFULLY about a host family..cross your fingers) including things about my global student program..which is just a program to help me prepare for life overseas and what to expect and what to now expect so I don't develop "too high of expectations" and culture shock and stuff.. plus orientation stuff..

besides all that junk I just talked about..I have an official date that I leave the U.S. for Italy.. It's just a concept that's so hard to swallow..  I better swallow it quick though because that means only four months until I get on plane!.. (plus or minus a day)
crazy crazy crazy

oh and to answer some questions that I've been getting a lot lately
*yes I'm nervous..wouldn't you be a little nervous to live in a foreign country for a year?
*nopppeeeee I'm not afraid something's going to happen to me..I'd be more afraid if I thought nothing would happen to me!
*no..I won't "just say something in italian".. I'm not fluent and I can't come up with random things off the top of my head  (:P)
*I have NO IDEA how I'm going to pack for a year.. space bags might be a good investment..

last but NOT least..the most common question is what am I going to miss most..which almost makes me laugh considering the answer is kind of obvious!..
family and close friends..duh?
what to people expect me to say?.. the food? HA! I'm going to be living in Italy for a year..their food is only 34982374 times better than our food... nuff' said!

that's all for now.. I'll post more once I get a little more information!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment